One of my favorite things to do is watch movies and below is a list of five of the most romantic ones. I think these are a great way to spend a relaxing summer evening!
1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind – Joel and Clementine’s decision to try their relationship again even though they know it probably won’t work showed that it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved. It brought tears to my eyes.
2. Jerry Maguire -“You had me at hello,” gets all the fanfare but I think Rod Tidwell’s beautiful relationship with his wife is the most romantic part of this uber-romantic movie.
3. Wall-E – His love for EVE and hers for him was palpable. The fact that a kiss is what restores him is the icing on the cake.
4. Up – The montage in the beginning depicting Carl and Elie growing old together is the most beautiful I have ever seen. Pixar rocks.
5. Last but certainly not least, the most romantic movie line of all time was said by Harry in “When Harry Met Sally” on New Year’s Eve. He said, “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”
I could talk about this topic forever and I’d love to hear your thoughts on the most romantic movies!